Monday, July 5, 2010

Lake Delton!

So I finally made the trip up to Lake Delton, a skatepark by Dreamland. It's right next to the Wisconsin Dells, and there's even a state park with camping about a half mile away. I will definitely need to make a return trip to this one. The concrete was uber smooth, and every inch of the park was made skateable. When the builders poured up to the edges of the park, they didn't just leave it flat, or build a wall, they put in transitions or banks.



This is the sweet sweet bowl, (after several attempts at stitching photos.) It's a little hard to see but there is a love seat sticking out of the wall on the right, which I was able to carve over. The love seat was fun, but it actually breaks up the flow of the bowl. The coping is the way pool coping should be, which makes me really how strange Wilson's coping actually is.



That guy's arm is actually like that, I swear. Behind him is a psuedo-brick quarter with a really steep transition. The entire park was skateable. I'm definitely going to have to head back!

Slightly bigger versions can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment